Monday 13 August 2007

Bloginterviewer Interview Her Blog


We are all still submerged in the mire of velvet-skinned babies and argumentative toddlers, while my brother and his family are visiting, but I thought I would just quickly publicise an interview I was asked to do for Bloginterviewer.com.
I think this site is a great idea and like all great ideas, you wonder why someone hasn’t thought of it before. I was tremendously flattered to be asked, since I have never been ‘interviewed’ before. What amazed and amused me was the difficulty I had in answering the simple question: ‘What is your blog about?’
One of the requests from the site is that contributors are asked to link the website on their side bar, and get their readers to vote for their blog. Although I am more than happy to publicise the website, I am not overly concerned about the voting. Indulging in the fantasy of being interviewed was reward enough (I just imagined the dulcet tones of Jenni Murray asking the questions). As a result, any delusions of grandeur have now escalated, and I have spent an indecent amount of time crafting whole interviews inside my head. However, as a forty-something mum, I realise that confessing to fantasies that involve Richard Madeley is seriously sad.

11 comments:

Frog in the Field said...

Drunk Mummy, that's a very funny interview.
I love it, there is far too much finger wagging about how to be a better parent and certainly never enough about good wine.
You didn't write "Blessed" did you?

Mutterings and Meanderings said...

I wish my computer was clever enough to play it! I will have to listen on my headphones at work...

Did you know Richard now has a blog and comments on Rilly's? ;)

Rob said...

Great stuff - welcome home DM!

DJ Kirkby said...

Velvet skinned babies and argumentative toddlers...why you've just described my life! Very tired and struggling to even get out of bed this week but will go read your interview at some point as I know it promises to be worth it. Congratlulations, why would'nt anyone want to interview you?!

rilly super said...

drunk mummy, I thought you wore sunglasses indoors because of your hangover, not because you were fabulously famous. Just as you you think you know someone...

lady macleod said...

well done, you are on the celebrity trail now!

@themill said...

I'm all for neglectful parenting - it gives them something to beat you up about when they reach their teens. Number three has never let me forget that he had to stick a notice on his bedroom door advising the tooth fairy she needed to visit after she'd forgotten for 14 nights on the trot!
Great interview

Drunk Mummy said...

frog in the field - many thanks! No I did not write 'Blessed' although I did see a couple of episodes!

M&M - yes, I have seen Mr Madeley on Rilly's comments page! Maybe the R&J sofa isn't as far off as it seems!

rob - thank you! Are you still chugging back the snakebite and black?

dj kirkby - with your prolific creative output, I'm not surprised you are feeling a bit washed out!
Go and sit down with a nice glass of wine dear, it always does the trick for me.

rilly - not only for the fame and the hangover, but also because I can't be arsed to put on any eye make-up.
I see that Richard Madeley (or do you know him as a Dick?) is a fan of your blog!

lady macleod - Thanks! I am certainly in some hallowed company!

@themill - absolutely - they will always find fault, no matter what you do. (Did you tell him that the tooth fairy had been on her holidays?)

Mutterings and Meanderings said...

I am really, really stupid aren't I? I can read the interview can't I?

M&Mslapsheadinhomeresquefashionduh.

Drunk Mummy said...

Don't worry M&M - the idea that you could actually hear my rasping tones, made the 'interview' sound much more important!

DJ Kirkby said...

Read it! LOVED it!